December 13, 2016
To perform general accounting functions, complete reconciliations of general ledger accounts and prepare monthly GAAP-based financial reports for the Corporate Accounting department of a group of Veterinary Hospitals.
Month-end Close Process
- Lead accountant for hospital or group of hospitals.
- Prepare/review and post monthly journal entries.
- Responsible for the filing and paying of various monthly State Sales Tax Returns.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of general ledger cash accounts to the bank records.
- Follow up on reconciling entries in a timely basis
- Provide detailed performance variance analysis to budget and prior year
Systems and Reporting
- Respond to inquiries regarding hospital and/or departmental financials reports by being able to run queries, etc. using Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains and Prophix.
- Prepare monthly GAAP based financial statements in accordance with Lender Compliance requirements.
- Prepare and maintain key performance matrix
- Assist in preparation of various reports for Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules as required by the external auditors.
- Develop and organize supporting work papers for both the auditors and company records.
- Stay current on accounting changes and assist in determining the impact of such changes as appropriate.
- Assist in supporting periodic physical inventory processes at various locations
- Support payroll, human resources and accounts payable related to tax and other statutory reporting requirements (tax forms, system requirements, annual benefit plan filings, etc.).
- Maintain an overall understanding of the organizational structure and general accounting processes.
- Bachelor’sSkills & Competencies
- Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and a reporting tool such as Phrophix, Hyperion, etc) is essential
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and professional demeanor; problem solving capability
- Effective verbal, written and/or interpersonal communication skills
Public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus
Experience in a multi-entity service organization strongly preferred Knowledge of regulations and best practices in operations and corporate accounting
Experience working with Private Equity owned businesses a plus
- Required education:
- Accounting or related: 5 years
- Please include your salary requirements along with resume and cover letter. Email to email@example.com