Veterinary Assistant/ AVA
August 30, 2017
Assist doctors and technicians by providing the best patient care and customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and provide for the patient’s needs such as cleanliness, nutrition, necessary and appropriate bedding, physical therapy, exercise, comfort and support.
- Perform required treatments and record observations legibly in medical records.
- Assist in patient restraint, test set up, nursing care and triage/discharge of patients.
- Transport patients to and from the in hospital wards to the pre and post surgical areas.
- Assist with cleaning surgical equipment, packing/sterilizing instruments as well as surgical suites.
- Performance of basic in house laboratory tests, completion of forms for laboratory, filing lab reports and clean- up of laboratory area.
- Monitor daily husbandry activities of in-hospital patients.
- Communicate with doctors and technicians regarding patient status or concerns.
- Provide after care for patients and clients.
- Follow established hospital policies and procedures when handling client concerns and complaints.
- Document legibly and keep accurate medical records in accordance to hospital policy.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of an Approved Veterinary Assistant program with an AVA certification preferred, but not reqiuired.
- 6 months of veterinary experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to new situations.
- Ability to act as a team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, see, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact: If interested send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify location(s) that you are interested.