Compassion-First Pet Hospitals, a family of veterinary hospitals working in partnership to advance medicine, empower growth, and provide the very best treatments available today is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team at VetMED in Phoenix, AZ.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to work independently and to quickly build relationships and establish trust with leaders, hiring managers, colleagues, employees and applicants.
Activities include, but are not limited to: employee engagement, employee relations, recruiting, training and development, policy development and interpretation, on boarding, and employment law compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain HCM databases.
- Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department.
- Prepare and communicate periodic reports/statistics for management, as necessary or requested.
- Act as liaison between staff and management for guidance regarding company policies, practices, and regulations. Provide advice, assistance, follow-up, and documentation.
- Ensure timely on-boarding and conduct new employee orientation.
- Support employee recruitment, hiring, and ongoing evaluation of staffing needs.
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and E-Verify. Complete periodic audits of forms, manage updates and retention of records.
- Maintain doctor credential databases and audit periodically for accuracy.
- Present company benefits package to new employees. Assist Benefits Administrators with employee eligibility dates for plans. Conduct hospital-wide presentations during the annual open enrollment process.
- Comply with federal, state, and local requirements by staying up to date with existing and proposed legislation.
- Advise department managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline process.
- Act as liaison with payroll department on Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals and pay policies.
- Prepare payroll and all reporting necessary for payroll department.
- Answer inquiries from inside and outside of Compassion-First involving employment verification.
- Conduct exit interviews in a timely manner. Make recommendations for retention initiatives.
- Update organizational charts.
- Policy creation.
- Report and manage Workman’s Compensation claims.
- Report and analyze hospital turnover
- Develop and implement Employee Engagement activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience.
- Broad general knowledge of HR concepts and processes
- Excellent organizational skills and oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and practices
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of Arizona state employment laws
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements. Apply Now
Compassion-First offers the full menu of benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, 401(k) with company match, pet care discounts, paid time off and competitive compensation you would expect from an opportunity as unique as this. The selected individual will need to successfully complete background and substance abuse testing prior to start.